Today we celebrated our Church 58th Anniversary. I have been worshipping in this church since 1997. Praise and thank God for providing us in the past 58 years. May He continue to bless us in the years to come.
This morning after service, we gathered and had a great time over a simple and yummy brunch.
As we look forward, let us take a moment to look back into history…
- January: The Bible-Presbyterian Church (BPC) in Singapore was born.
- A property was acquired in Serangoon Gardens by the Christian Stewardship Foundation for the building of a kindergarten.
- Zion Kindergarten building was completed.
- Zion Sunday School was launched.
- Quek Kiok Chiang ordained in August 1956.
- Zion Kindergarten classes began in October.
- June 23: Zion Bible-Presbyterian was inaugurated. Rev. K.C. Quek became the first pastor.
- June: Chinese service started at Zion.
- Redevelopment of Zion BPC.
- The new extension to Zion BPC was completed and inaugurated on 30 December.
- Zion Bible-Presbyterian started a new church in Bishan.
- Redevelopment of Zion Serangoon BPC.
Fireworks illuminating the sky above the National Stadium and Marina Bay area during the 28th SEA Games opening ceremony.
It’s me bowling at Safra Toa Payoh with my colleagues from Blue Ocean Systems. Today is 2015 business plan kickoff day!